Monday, March 8, 2010

synopsis hell...heaven...hell...

I am writing a synopsis. Now, this may not seem like earth-shaking news to you. But it's kind of a big deal to me! It's intimidating. It's time-consuming. It's fraught with possibilities both wonderful and traumatizing.

In a nutshell, though, it's pretty darn cool. Why? Because it means I am FOCUSED on my novel! For reals. And let me tell you, that's a big admission from me indeed. I have vacillated back & forth between writing dedication to writing graveyard over--well, my entire life, really. And recently, with some life-altering events (another post, another time), I've renewed my dedication to my writing, myself, and my future.

Phew. Big deal indeed!

Anyway. I'm off to complete my synopsis today. Wow! I love saying that. (Let's see if I post tomorrow that it's actually completed, of course.)

Bonus: some great links to help writing your own heavenly...hellish...whatever!...synopsis.

No comments: